Work with Me – 1:1 Coaching
Feel confident about your return to work
after maternity leave
All the uncertainties of returning to the workplace got you feeling overwhelmed and unsettled?
So, how do you WANT to feel about returning from maternity leave?
One-to-one coaching gives you the time, space and structure to take the next steps to feeling a happier and more content version of you again. So rather than letting your thoughts and worries about your return to work continue going round your mind, you can take control and start working towards how you want to feel.
Read on to find out how we can work together to get you feel confident and ready for going back to work.
Back to Work Package
Return to your workplace with confidence and grace
Number of sessions: 3
Length of sessions: 1 hour each
The Back to Work Package is for you if you:
- Are returning to work after maternity leave in the next few weeks or months.
- Wondering if you’re going to remember how to do your job again.
- Hating the thought of being apart from your baby.
- Feeling like you’ve lost a bit of your pre-baby identity.
- Worried whether everything and everyone will have changed in the office.
- Want to achieve your career goals while maintaining the work/life balance that’s right for you.
This coaching package will help you to:
- Return to work feeling calm and confident.
- Face and take action on your fears and worries about your return to work.
- Set healthy boundaries around your work and personal life.
- Enjoy the rest of your maternity leave rather than feeling a dark cloud hanging over it.
Find out what you need after your return to work
Number of sessions: 6
Length of sessions: 1 hour each
The Reset Package is for you are:
- Back at work after maternity leave.
- Struggling to get the work/life balance that you want.
- Feeling overwhelmed with everything you’re managing.
- Lacking confidence.
- Rethinking your career options.
- Setting big career goals but are unsure how to reach them.
- Looking to carve some time out to find you again in amongst work and family life.
This coaching package will help you to:
- Set boundaries around your work and personal life.
- Feel confident so you can go after what you want.
- Let go of any unjustified mum guilt and/or work guilt.
- Develop a career that excites and rewards you.
- Think about your own needs and how you can take regular time for YOU.
A single focused session on the one thing bothering you most right now
Number of sessions: 1
Length of sessions: 1 hour
A Power Hour is for you if you are struggling with one specific thing, such as:
- Dreading leaving your baby when you return to work.
- Have a tricky conversation coming up that you’re feeling worried about.
- Lacking confidence speaking up in meetings.
- Finding time for you in amongst everything else.
Book a Power Hour so you can:
- Face your worry about leaving your baby at childcare.
- Prepare for and get the most out of a difficult conversation.
- Communicate in meetings in the way you want to.
- Work out how to carve time out for you so you can reset and recharge.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve put together some of the most commonly asked questions I receive to give you more information about coaching and You Beyond Baby.
Coaching involves a single or series of forward-looking conversations in which the coach and client work in partnership with the aim of the client gaining an understanding of and maximising their full potential.
As a Coach I believe you have the answers you are looking for inside you already. However, it may require some challenging questions, observations and re-evaluating to untangle assumptions and beliefs that you may have about yourself or your situation in order to unlock those answers and find your path for personal transformation.
My role as a Coach is not to advise or teach you but to listen, guide, challenge and encourage you to think about the beliefs, values and assumptions that you have of yourself and your life.
As your Coach I will provide a safe, objective and non-judgmental space for you to be honest and open with yourself and gain greater self-awareness and new learning. With these new insights you are empowering yourself to make the best decisions for you moving forward.
Each coaching session will last approximately one hour.
If you have booked a package I generally advise having a session every 2-3 weeks as this gives you some time to work on any actions you have set yourself but maintains the momentum towards your goals.
Returning to work after maternity leave and the months following it can be really challenging. There is so much going on during that time and it can have such an impact on your confidence, how you feel about leaving your baby, your career goals, your own identity etc.
I think it’s something that we don’t really talk enough about and there could be a lot more support around so that women can return to work feeling confident and ready for the next phase. And this is what I’m trying to provide through You Beyond Baby.
Yes, organisations can book coaching with me for employees. If this is something you would like to do or think your company would be interested in please ask the relevant person to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further and for me to provide a quote.
No, I’m afraid not. Power Hours are great for tackling that one specific thing that is on your mind but for deeper, more transformational and long-lasting change either my Back to Work or Reset packages are the best option.
I have a Diploma in Professional Coaching Practice which is an International Coaching Federation (ICF) accredited qualification. I follow the Code of Ethics set out by the ICF.
I am also a Mental Health First Aider.
Before becoming a Coach I worked in HR and completed my CIPD Level 7.
There are several differences between coaching and therapy and it’s really important to understand them and work out which is most suitable for you at a particular time. Some of the key differences are:
- Coaching focuses on the present and the future. The past may come up and you may discuss how that has contributed to the present but you won’t dwell on the detail or try to heal what has happened in a coaching session. Whereas in therapy, you are likely to analyse the past to understand how it has shaped the present and address what has happened in order to move forward.
- Coaching is action orientated.
- Coaches are not trained to diagnose or treat mental illness whereas therapists are.
- Coaching is more likely to have a closed-end or have a set, fewer number of sessions whereas therapy is more likely to be open-ended or longer term.
- Being true to myself – this is a value which is hugely important to me. By really understanding what being true to yourself looks and feels like it can be a great guide in decision making and how you go about things. When I’ve made decisions that turned out either not to work out or down the line I regretted, I know the majority of the time they came from me not being true to myself. If you are in tune with how it feels to be true to yourself and how it feels not to be true to yourself it is an amazingly liberating feeling. It doesn’t mean everything is easy, but it means you can feel comfortable and confident with your approach, how you are treating others and the decisions you are making.
- Integrity – being honest and upholding strong moral principles is fundamental to me and my business. I will only work with clients if I genuinely believe they will benefit from the service I offer following a discovery call and throughout the time of our coaching journey.
- Commitment – I commit to continuing my own personal and professional development so I can be the best coach I can be for myself and for my clients. I am committed to each client I work with and partnering them on their journey. I also ask for commitment from my clients.